The application should be used when the infection is so severe that it is impossible to disinfect the computer using anti-virus applications or malware removal utilities (such as Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool) running under the operating system. In this case, disinfection is more efficient because malware programs do not gain control when the operating system is being loaded.
Boot from the Kaspersky Rescue Disk to scan and remove threats from an infected PC without the risk of infecting other files or computers. Burn this ISO image to a CD, insert it into the infected system’s CD-ROM drive, enter the PC’s BIOS, set it to boot from the CD and reboot the PC.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 allows performing the following actions
- Configure objects scan settings: change security level change actions to be performed on detected objects create a scan scope change types of objects to be scanned limit scan time configure scan of compound files change a scan method set default settings
- Configure databases update settings: select an update source specify proxy-server settings specify regional settings roll back to previous databases
- Configure additional settings: select detection of specific threat types create a trusted zone configure notifications settings specify time of storing reports specify time of storing Quarantine and Backup objects
- Create a report on scan and update tasks.
- View statistics about applican’s functioning.